This is what I carry in my essential ski mountaineering hard-goods kit. I didn't include a rope only because the rope I will take can vary quite a bit, but what I have listed here and included in the photo is my go to kit.
- Rappel device with auto lock mode, Black Diamond ATC guide. 1 small locker and 1 mini pearabiner(round stock)
- 2 prusiks on small non-locker.
- 1 Nylon double length with locker
- 1 dyneema double. I don't use it as my rappel tether, but could come in handy
- 1 Penberthy
- 2 rappel rings/versalinks. A must if you are using a pull cord.
- 1 extra locker small
- 1 extra locker (round stock)
- 1 extendable sling
- 1 cordelette with locker
- 2 small non-lockers
- 6 stoppers of various sizes
- 1 cordelette of normal accessory cord to cut in case an anchor needs some repair
- 1 lightweight harness
Total weight of kit is just over 3 pounds. Rap rings, stoppers and back-up anchor materials are gear that you and your ski partner don't both have to carry. You just need one set of 6 stoppers and 1 set of rap rings and cordelette to leave behind.